Saturday, 25 April 2009

first things first...

Monday 20th April

First day back and were straight into the new brief for CVA 205
There is a lot of choice including working with product design students to produce an advertisement for brands such as Burtons, Dove and WKD, collaborating with Musion Studios or an animation of your own choice. You can also choose to help out the 3rd years with their final films if you wish. One final option would be to help produce animations for content creation students, though this option is subject to what is needed and how many wish to pursue this route. 

This term i would like to advance the skills i learnt in term 2 in terms of character setup and create my own animation. There is the option to import a pre-rigged character into the scene, but currently i would like to create my own to show the range of skills i've acquired during the course. Although the pre-rigged character would allow more time for animating, the down side is that you need to find one that would suit the scene and even then pre-rigged characters are base in terms of their style, so it would stand out from the set etc.

For this term i will also be working as part of a team. I feel i achieved a lot on my own last term, but i feel in order to gain a rounded piece for showing, working as part of a team will be more beneficial. I enjoy the dynamics of team work too, as it allows you to bounce ideas off of one another, theres a good support network between individuals and the chance to teach and learn from one another. This term, i will be working with Dan Grigsby.  I've worked with Dan before and believe we have a good level of trust and understanding of one anothers ideas and thought processes. I feel that this term we'll be able to learn new skills off of one another in order to produce a professional piece overall. Individually, I feel I would like meet the targets I learnt about my working methods from last term

Dan and I both wished to undertake the animation of your own choice brief and have expressed a few ideas which include basing our 30 second piece around a children's book, however we would have to look into the copyright issues facing this if we pursue this path.

With 6 weeks to complete the project for ROA its a tight deadline (3rd June), however i believe if we create a feasible schedule we should be able to meet this target. Next week were being introduced to Microsoft Project which should help organise our time more. 

Anyway, its only day 1 of the new term...the next item to be completed will be brainstorming.

No comments:

Post a Comment